Prawn stuffed pointed gourd | Chingri Potoler dolma Recipe
Prawn stuffed pointed gourd Recipe or Chingri Potoler dolma
I’ve already shared a recipe of stuffed pointed gourd or potoler dolma before.which was veg…stuffed with paneer /cottage cheese.you can see the recipe Here.
gourd or chingri potoler dolma. It is also a traditional Bengali recipe…
I’m making this prawn Today I’m going to share another recipe of stuffed pointed gourd or potoler dolma.but this time it will be a non-vegetarian dish, because I’m going to stuff the pointed gourd with prawns.The name of the dish is prawn stuffed pointed stuffed pointed gourd/chingri potoler dolma with medium sized prawns.you can use small prawns also…If you want to use medium sized prawns.you need to cut them in small pieces…in case of small prawns you don’t need to cut them.so now lets start our prawn stuffed pointed gourd/chingri potoler dolma.
- pointed gourd (10 pieces)
- Medium sized prawns (250gm)
- Chopped onion (1 small)
- Ginger paste (1/2 teaspoon)
- Garlic paste (1/4 teaspoon)
- Chopped green chili (2 teaspoon)
- Turmeric powder (1/4th teaspoon)
- Red chili powder (1/4th teaspoon)
- Garam masala powder (1/4th teaspoon)
- Salt (as per taste)
- Mustard oil (3 tablespoon)
- sliced onion (2 medium)
- Ginger paste (1,1/2 teaspoon)
- Garlic paste (1 teaspoon)
- Tomato paste (1 whole)
- Curd (2 tablespoon)
- Coriander powder (1/2 teaspoon)
- Cumin powder (1 teaspoon)
- Turmeric powder (1 teaspoon)
- Red chili powder (1 teaspoon)
- Garam masala powder (1/2 teaspoon)
- Salt (as per taste)
- Sugar (1/4th teaspoon)
- Whole cumin
- Mustard oil (2 tablespoon)
- Clarified butter/ghee (1 teaspoon)
- To make prawn stuffed pointed gourd/chingri potoler dolma we need to scrape the skin of the pointed gourd slightly.now cut one side of it and scoop out all the flesh.keep them aside.
- Now take the prawns.clean them well.peel off the skin and head.cut them into small chunks.
- Take 2 tablespoon curd and beat it well.otherwise it will curdled after adding it into the dish.
- Let’s start our prawn stuffed pointed gourd/chingri potoler dolma.for that at first we need to fry the pointed gourd.for that add 2 tablespoon mustard oil in a pan and fry the scooped pointed gourd.add sone salt and fry till it turns slightly golden.take it out.
- Now to make the stuffing,add 1 tablespoon of mustard oil and add the chopped onion.fry them till it turns golden.now add the ginger garlic paste and chopped green chilies.fry them for about 5 minutes.now add the scooped flesh of the pointed gourd and the chunks of prawns in.cook them in medium flame.
- Now add the turmeric and red chili powder in and cook till all the things are cooked properly.add salt as per taste and the garam masala powder and mix it well.
- Let the stuffing cool and then fill all the fried pointed gourd with the stuffing and keep them aside.
- Save some stuffing…we will add it into the gravy.it will enhance the taste of the gravy.
- Now we will start making the gravy of prawn stuffed pointed gourd/chingri potoler dolma. For that heat 3 tablespoon mustard oil in a pan.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of whole cumin and 1 pinch of sugar.let it caramelize and add the sliced onion.fry them till it turns golden brown.
- Now add the ginger and garlic paste and cook it till the raw smell goes out.and then add the tomato paste.
- Cook till oil comes out.then add the turmeric powder and mix it well and cook it for 2-4 minutes and then add red chili,cumin and coriander powder and cook it for 5 minutes.
- Now add the curd in and cook it with the spice mix.now add salt as per taste and 1/4th teaspoon of sugar.
- Now add the saved stuffing into the gravy and add 1 cup of water.cook it in medium flame for 4-5 minutes and then add the stuffed pointed gourd in carefully.and cook it in low flame for about another 4-5 minutes.and then add 1 teaspoon of clarified butter/ghee and garam masala powder and cover it and leave for 2 minutes.
- Our prawn stuffed pointed gourd/chingri potoler dolma is completely ready to serve.garnish it with some curd and serve it with hot steamed rice and enjoy your meal.