Mango Pickle Recipe | Aamer Achar recipe
Pickle / Achar is an emotion to most people.You can have it in breakfast, lunch and dinner too.If you have some pickle / achar in your platter, you don’t need anything else.
There are different kind of pickles / achar like mango pickle, lemon pickle, chili pickle, mixed pickle. Among them my most favourite is mango pickle. It goes really well with parathas, pooris, rice, roti anything… I love having mango pickle with plain rice.just add some pickle, salt and a green chili and your meal is sorted.
Mango pickle recipe | Aamer achar
- 1 KG Raw Mango
- 200 ml Mustard oil
For the spice mix
- 2 tbsp Whole cumin
- 2 tbsp Whole coriander
- 1 tbsp Fennel seeds/saunf
- 1/2 tbsp Nigella seeds/kalaunji
- 1/4 tbsp Fenugreek/methi
- 1 tbsp Black Mustard seeds
- 10 pcs Dry red chili
- 1 tbsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tbsp Asafoetida / hing
- 3 tbsp Salt
- To make mango pickle at first we need to take fresh raw mangoes.wash them well.
- Then wipe out all the mangoes one by one and dry them out.
- Now cut the mangoes into 1inch small pieces and spread them on a clean dry plate and keep them in direct sunlight for at least 3-4 hours.
- Now, take a pan and add all the spices (except salt, turmeric powder and asafoetida powder) mentioned above.roast them in e low flame for 1-2 minutes or until they start releasing aroma.
- Now let them cool down and then grind them finely and keep it aside.
- Take a glass jar.wash it well and wipe it with a clean dry cloth so that not even a single drop of water can be there.it can ruin the pickle.
- After keeping the mango in sunlight for at least 3-4 hour let them cool down.
- Once the mango pieces come to room temperature, add the roasted and grounded spice mix along with the turmeric, asafoetida and salt very well.
- Check the salt.if you think more salt is needed, you can add it at this time.you won't get any other changes to add anything after that.
- Now add 200 ml of mustard oil in the mixture and mix it well with your hands.it will help the spices to get mixed more properly with the mango pieces.
- Now pour the mixture gently into the glass jar and cover it immediately with the lid so that no air can enter in.
- Your pickle/achar will take at least 10-15 days to get ready ,but it will get matured with time passing by and become more tasty.