Palak Paneer Recipe without onion and garlic
Most of the people loves paneer.it is also very healthy.but , when it comes to palak paneer,I don’t need to say anything elaborately.as we know, palak paneer is most probably the all time favourite dish of vegetarian people.there are so many different types of dishes can be made with paneer.but palak combines most beautifully with paneer and give us a delicious dish.both the palak and the paneer contains so much of good nutrients that it wouldn’t be harmful for anyone.palak paneer is a dish which contains iron and protein in one plate.
There are so many different ways to cook a dish.as we can cook palak paneer by using onion and garlic.at the same time we can also cook palak paneer without using onion and garlic as a pure veg dish.today I’m going to make my palak paneer without onion and garlic for my pure vegetarian friends.I hope you will enjoy the recipe of pure veg palak paneer.let’s start our palak paneer.
- Palak/ spinach leaves (2 bunch)
- Paneer (250 gm)
- Ginger paste (2 tablespoon)
- Green chili chopped (4-5)
- Dry whole red chilies (2-3)
- Bay leaves (2-3)
- Green cardamom (2-3)
- Cloves (4-5)
- cinnamon (2-3 sticks)
- black cumin (1/2 teaspoon)
- Hing/Asafoetida (1/4th teaspoon)
- Kasuri methi/dried fenugreek leaves (1 teaspoon)
- Cream (3-4 tablespoon)
- Butter (2 teaspoon)
- Salt ( as per taste)
- Sugar (1 teaspoon)
- Refined oil (2 teaspoon)
- To make palak paneer without onion and garlic,we need to take 2 bunch of palak.cut them out of the stem and separate the leaves.
- Wash them properly in fresh water.now take some water in a lage bowl and put some salt in it and let it boil.
- when the water starts boiling,add the spinach/ palak and let it boil for 3-4 minutes.
- take it out and put it immediately in cold water.It will help to keep the green colour of the spinach/palak in the dish palak paneer.
- now we need to make a smooth paste of the blanched spinach/palak.put it in the mixer and make a smooth paste and keep it aside.
- After that,take 250gm of paneer and cut them into cubes and fry them in 1teaspoon refined oil and sprinkle some salt as per taste.
- Now we’re prepared to make our palak paneer.for that take a pan and put some refined oil and heat it.
- then add the dry spices one by one.put the asafoetida,black cumin,dry whole red chilies,green cardamom,cinnamon and cloves and bay leaves.let them splutter.
- now add the ginger paste and chopped green chilies and cook it for 4-5 minutes.
- Then add the spinach / palak paste and let it cook in a low flame for 5-8 minutes.
- Now add salt as per taste and sugar to balance the taste.it’s time to add the fried paneer and cook it for 5-10 minutes.
- Then add the cream and crush the dried fenugreek leaves/kasuri methi in the palak paneer and give it a mix.
- Our Palak paneer without onion and garlic is now ready to serve.serve it hot by adding 2teaspoon of butter on it .it goes so well with paratha and chapatis.make this easy version of palak paneer and you’ll love it.