Dahi Chicken Recipe [Total Oil Free] | Oil-Free Chicken recipe
I’ve shared some oily dishes recipe to you all before. as well i’v also shared some low oil or totally oil free dishes like oil free egg chicken corn soup. Today I want to share another totally oil free side dish to you which is oil free Dahi Chicken. yes I’m not kidding. It is possible to make a totally oil free side dish which is so tasty and healthy also.oil free Dahi chicken needs some simple ingredients which is easily available at your home.so don’t worry and let’s start to enjoy your favourite chicken dish without a single drop of oil in it. After seeing this dish ready you’ll think that so much of oil is added to this dish.but I promise you’ll be so surprised after making this dish.so let’s start our oil free Dahi chicken.
- Chicken (500gm )
- hung curd ( 400 gm)
- Chopped onion ( 2 onions)
- Ginger paste ( 2 tablespoon )
- Garlic paste ( 2 tablespoon )
- Red chili powder ( 2 tablespoon )
- Crushed red chili ( 2 tablespoon )
- Turmeric powder ( 1 tablespoon )
- Crushed cashew ( 4-5 tablespoon )
- resin/kishmish ( 4-5 tablespoon )
- To start our oil free Dahi chicken we need to cut chicken pieces in medium size and clean them well.
- Now put sliced onion, ginger, garlic paste, crushed red chili, red chili powder, turmeric powder, hung curd in and mix them well that the spices can cover all the chicken.
- put the marinated chicken into the fridge and let it rest for 30 minutes or more.
- Our chicken for oil free Dahi chicken is marinated for 30 minutes or more.
- Now its time to make our dish.for that heat a thick bottomed pan well.
- Then add all the marinated chicken in with all the marination and cover the lid and let it cook in its own water.
- It will release water because we have covered it.after 8-10 minutes remove the lid and cook the chicken in low flame and cover it again.
- Cook it for 10-15 minutes by covering the lid. After that remove the lid and check it if it is getting soft or not.
- now add salt as per taste and mix well with the chicken and cover it again. You will see that the chicken is releasing it’s own oil.
- It will take about 25-30 minutes to get ready.at that time if you think you need to add some water to cook the chicken properly then add 1/2 cup of water.
- mix the water with the chicken and cook it the water evaporates and the gravy turns out thick.
- now put the crushed cashew and resin / kishmish in and mix them well with the chicken and cover it for 3-5 minutes.
- Your oil free Dahi chicken is totally ready to serve.enjoy It with rice ,roti ,paratha etc.it tastes so well that you will start liking your fingers. so make it and enjoy your diet session to the fullest.