Mutton Curry Recipe | Easy Mutton Gravy recipe
Mutton Curry Recipe:
It’s a typical Bengali recipe which we need every Sunday in our lunch menu, Mutton Curry Recipe.spicy and delicious mutton curry. It is served with plain hot steamed basmati rice.It compliment the mutton curry so well that you will forget about any other delicious dishes. Just a slice of lemon with the curry and it will make your weekend so better that you can’t even imagine. The smell of mutton curry will take you to another world of food. I’m telling you that you can’t ignore this dish after tasting it.
So I’m going to share this recipe with you to give you a spicy and tasty weekend. Make it and enjoy it with your family and grab all the attention with your cooking.Have a look at mutton curry recipe.
- mutton (1 kg )
- Potato (4-5)
- Onion (4-5)
- Ginger paste ( 2 tablespoon )
- Garlic paste ( 2 tablespoon )
- Green chili paste ( 1 tablespoon )
- Tomato (1)
- Red chili powder ( 1 teaspoon )
- Turmeric powder ( 1 teaspoon )
- Garam masala(Spices) powder ( 1 teaspoon )
- Whole cardamom ( 4-5 )
- Whole cinnamon ( 2-3 sticks )
- cloves ( 4-5 )
- Bay leaves ( 2-3 )
- Mustard oil / refined oil ( 2 tablespoon )
- Ghee (2 tablespoon )
- Water (2-3 cups)
- in mutton curry potato is a must.it gives a good taste to the curry.so at first we need to peel potatoes and cu into half. Was them well and keep aside.
- Now take 4-5 onions (depends on the size). finely slice them.
- Take 1 tomato and chop them.
- Take the mutton pieces and cut them into pieces of your choice. I prefer medium sized pieces. Clean and wash them well.
- now it’s time to start our mutton curry. For that take a pressure cooker and heat 2 tablespoon oi (mustard/refined).
- Add the potatoes in and sprinkle some salt and turmeric powder. Fry them till it turns golden.Take them out.
- Now pour the ghee in.then add bay leaves, whole cardamom, cinnamon and cloves.let them splutter.
- Add sliced onion and fry them till it turns golden brown. Now add ginger , garlic , green chilies paste and cook it for 5-8 minutes.
- Now add the turmeric powder, chopped tomatoes and red chili powder in and cook it for another 8-10 minutes.
- When the raw smell of Spices goes out and oil comes up, add the mutton in and cook until water comes out of the mutton pieces.
- Cook them well that all Spices coat the mutton pieces. Cook it in medium flame for 5-10 minutes.
- Now add the fried potatoes in and again cook it for 5-8 minutes.
- Now add 2 cups of water in.if you want a thin gravy then add another 1/2-1 cup of water.
- Now cover the pressure cooker and wait for 2 whistle.
- Open the lid when all the pressure comes out.if you think that the mutton pieces are not soft then you can give another 1-2 whistle.
- Before that you have to take the potatoes out . Otherwise it will melt.
- Now sprinkle garam masala(Spices) powder and mix them well in the gravy.
- Serve it hot with hot steamed basmati rice and salad.you can also take a slice of lemon. Which will enhance the taste more.
Check out our other Mutton Recipes