Mustard Hilsa-Bengali Sorshe Ilish :Make one of the best dishes of Hilsa
Preparation of Mustard Hilsa -Bengali Sorshe Ilish :
- Hilsa fish (8-10 piece),
- Turmeric powder (1 teaspoon),
- green chili (8-10),
- mustard seed (5-6 tablespoon),
- poppy seed (3-4 tablespoon),
- mustard oil (half cup),
- salt for taste ,
- water (1 cup)
- soak the mustard seed and poppy seed in little water.
- Add 5-6 green chilies,1 teaspoon turmeric powder and salt to taste in the soaked seeds.
- Make a fine paste of the mixture.
- Heat mustard oil in a pan and put the fish and sauté for less than 1 minute.
- Put the paste, 4-5 green chilies and 1 cup water.
- Cover the pan and cook it for 10-15 minutes and adjust salt.
- Now pour 1-2 tablespoon mustard oil and serve