Murgh Kala Bhuna Recipe [ Unique Chicken Preparation ]
Murgh Kala Bhuna is a dish which is made up of chicken as you can get it by the name.the name has came from the colour of this.because,it turns black after the cooking process complete.to get that black colour of murgh kala bhuna we need some special spices which will help the dish to get the blackish colour.we don’t need to add extra colour or anything to bring the dark colour.
I’m using 1 kg of chicken with bone to make the dish.it will be better to always use chicken with bone to make murgh kala bhuna.so let’s see how to make our delicious murgh kala bhuna.
- Chicken with bone (1 kg)
- Onions (4 medium sized)
- Garlic paste(4 teaspoon)
- Ginger paste(3 teaspoon)
- Green chili paste (2 teaspoon)
- Turmeric powder(1teaspoon)
- Kashmiri red chili powder (2 teaspoon)
- Salt (as per taste)
- Sugar(1 teaspoon)
- Mustard oil (2 tablespoon)
- clarified butter/ ghee (2 tablespoon)
For Kala bhuna masala –
- whole black pepper (2 tablespoon)
- Cloves (1/2 teaspoon)
- Cardamom (1 teaspoon)
- Cinnamon (2-3 sticks)
- Whole cumin (1 tablespoon)
- To make delicious murgh kala bhuna,we need to make the murgh kala bhuna special spice.
For that,take all the whole dry spices from the section kala bhuna spice dry roast them and grind into fine powder.
- Now take 4 medium sized onion and slice them finely.
- Now take all the chicken and clean it well.wash them 2-3 times properly.
- It’s time to start our murgh kala bhuna.for that add 2 tablespoon mustard oil and 2 tablespoon of clarified butter/ghee in a pan.heat it well.
- Now add 1 teaspoon of sugar and let it melt.now and add all the chopped onion and fry it in medium flame until it turns brown.
- Then add all the chicken pieces in the pan and cook it in medium flame for about 10 minutes.
- Then put the ginger,garlic and green chili paste one by one and cook with the chicken till the raw smell goes out.
- Now its time to put the dry spices one by one.at first add the turmeric powder and cook it for 2 minutes.
- Then add the Kashmiri red chili powder and the kala bhuna masala which we have made before.it will let the chicken get the dark colour of murgh kala bhuna.
- The whole cooking process will be done in medium flame.otherwise it will burn and you won’t get the blackish colour ,we need.
- You will see that the chicken starts changing it’s colour.now add salt as per taste and cook it in low flame.
- Mix all the things after 5-8 minutes otherwise it will get burn.after cooking it for about 40-45 minutes,you’ll see that the chicken get a dark blackish colour and the chicken is soft and the gravy is releasing oil.
- Our murgh kala bhuna is absolutely ready to serve.serve it hot with paratha,roti or naan.it tastes heavenly.
Murgh Kala Bhuna
Based on 3 Review(s)